Job Title: Customer Service Manager
Direct Report: VP Operations
Job Classification: Full time, Salary Exempt
This role of the Customer Service Manager serves to manage all aspects of AeroGrow Customer Service, managing a full time, part time and seasonal service staff to handle inbound phone calls, emails and chats as well as respond to and manage service issues on our social platforms like Facebook and Amazon reviews. The Customer Service Manager works under the direction of the Vice President of Operations. This position manages the daily operations to ensure all functions of the department is meeting performance expectations. The Customer Service Manager is responsible for all aspects of staffing for handling the Customer Service duties, including managing to a budget, staffing appropriately for in-season and out-of-season needs, systems management, training and quality of service monitoring.
Essentially Job Responsibilities:
(Responsibilities include but not limited to the following)
1. Manages daily operations, projects and assignments with the direction of the VP Ops.
- Create and distribute work schedules for agents according to operating hours and anticipated call volume
- Lead team meetings to communicate product updates, feedback, status changes, issues and solutions etc.
- Coordinate or perform activities associated with shipping, receiving, distribution, and transportation
- Assist HR on workforce projection and hiring seasonal agents
- Act as the point of contact person for the customer service team to address interdepartmental quarries and concerns
- Take initiative to communicate department needs, act as an advocate to champion improvement and solutions.
2. Manage the department performance to ensure the best customer satisfaction and experience.
- Supervise and monitor the work of the customer service agents to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems.
- Evaluate performance and address personnel matters using appropriate procedure and in a timely manner.
- Design, implement, and evaluate staff training and development programs, customer service initiatives, and performance measurement criteria
- Design and implement customer survey on department performance.Use survey results to help provide solutions to improve team/department performance.
3. Train and instruct employees in customer service job duties and company policies, or arrange for training to be provided.
- Develop Team Leads so that they are able to provide solid support to the front line agents.
- Provide continuous training and developing to Team Lead(s) to be able to train and instruct other agents of the job duties, performance expectation and Company policies.
- Provide guidance in handling difficult or complex problems, and in resolving escalated complaints or disputes
Knowledge, skills and ability:
- Effective communication skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Office Suite 2013 or later version
- Analytical skills for tracking metrics
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Ability to communicate and manage cross functionally across multiple internal departments and external vendors
- BS degree is required
- At least 2 years previous Call Center experience at a Lead or Supervisor level
- Standard office setting with light noise.
- Occasional weekend and or evening work hours may be required
- Ability to travel (less than 10% of a year) may be required to perform job
- Sitting in front of computer screen
- Standing, walking, bending, stoop, kneel and crouch
- Repetitive use of hand movement
- Lift up to 25 lbs.